As summer draws to a close, it’s time to prepare your vehicle for fall. Though the autumn season may not be the most treacherous for cars, it’s still important to address any summer wear and tear.
Here are some fall car preparation tips:
- Evaluate your tires for pressure, tread, and balance. Be sure to check your owner’s manual to determine just the right amount of pressure, and you can use the penny trick to inspect the tread.
- Check out your windshield wipers. You’ll want to make sure they’re working properly, before the fall leaves come pouring down. It’s a good idea to see how much windshield wiper fluid you have left as well.
- Start the year out right by cleaning out the inside of your car. You’ll be glad that you did when you can use the space for heavy coats and boots.
- Get your car a regular check-up from a professional, to be sure that your engine and brakes are working properly.
- Keep a log of every time you get your car serviced, and be sure to set alerts for upcoming inspections.
Do you have any other advice, before fall rolls around? Let us know in the comments. We will be happy to share other tips as well as hear about yours!