Are you planning to bring your car to college with you? Whether you’re heading to college for your first year, or you want to bring your car for your big return, here are some helpful back to school car tips:
- Determine the rules for parking at your university. Many colleges do not provide parking for undergraduates, or for students at all.
- Familiarize yourself with the local parking pass system and research any necessary alternatives.
- Pack up your car with a solid first-aid kit, and research the ratings of the local repair shops in town, in case they’re needed.
- Make yourself a car budget, and stick to it! It will be tempting to go on extra trips to the grocery store, but remember that gas can be expensive.
- Establish boundaries with your friends. If they don’t have cars of their own, they’ll likely be asking you often for help.
Do you have any other ideas? Let us know your thoughts in the comments. We would love to hear some of the tips you have to help first-time college students here at Mazda of Lake Charles!